A building emergency is any situation where the physical building is unsuitable for use, such as loss of water or electricity.
- If children are already in our care, we take responsibility for notifying parents to arrange for immediate pick up and stay with the children until a parent or designated person arrives for the child.
- If school is still in session when the closing is announced, we will not open; however, we will attempt to reach parents by telephone. (Other means of communication are listed below.)
State of Emergency
A state of emergency is rare, but when it is declared, Open Door will comply with the mandate.
The Director of each school-age child care center will have a list of names and telephone numbers and attempt to call parents. Given the difficulty of getting through on telephone lines during such times, we hope the other means of communication will enable our parents to be informed.
When children are not already in our care and a state of emergency requires that schools close early, we advise parents to:
- Check the school system website: www.bcps.org; www.aacps.org; www.hcps.org
- Check our website for announcements, at www.opendoorcare.com
- Listen to WBAL radio @ 10.90 am
- Call our office, 410-825-6300, for a recorded message regarding our status.